- ADVANCED CUSTOMIZATION
- CREATE AND VALIDATE A SIMPLE MAP#01
- CREATE SOME OBSTACLES AND DIFFERENT CHECKPOINTS#02
- UNDERGROUND MAPPING#03
- COPY PASTE & MACROBLOCKS#04
- Save the map
- Help about the map editor
- Terraformation mode to change the landscape
- Block mode: list all the blocks of the environment
- Paint mode: used to change the image on panes and others blocks like them
- Item mode: List all the items available in the title pack and/or in the folder
- Macroblock mode: Allows you to add a previous registered macroblock in the map
- Delete the block targeted
- Select the block targeted on the map
- Copy/paste mode
- Switch to freelook mode
- Underground mode: Allows you to see/add blocks underground
- Offzone tool: Allows to add offzone in your map (for Shootmania only)
- Plugin mode: Allows you to create/run plugins for the editor
- Blocks/Items lists
- Advanced mode: Gives you extra features for the map editor
- Mediatracker: Useful if you want to create a video introduction for your map or if you want to change the mood or the vision of the players
- Test mode: Test your map, can be loaded with a specific gamemode
- Validation state: Gives the state of the validation for the map
- Select the current maptype
- Edit the properties of the blocks of the map
- Name of the map
- Name of the author
- Size of the map
- State of the map
- Set the MapType of the map
- Set the map objectives
- Edit the thumbnail of the map (used in the maplists)
- Edit the comments of the map
- A music can be played with this specific map instead the Maniaplanet or Shootmania default musics. The file must be in
- Creates shadows on the map. Higher quality shadows result in more accurate shadows.
- Test the map with a specific gamemode
- You can protect your map with a password if you don’t want your map to be edited by someone else.
- Allow you activate several experimental features like the Air Mapping, the Mix Mapping and the Item Embedding. Those features are experimental because the maps created with one of these features might not work after an update.
Freelook mode (Hold ‘Alt’)
Hold left mouse button : Move around
Hold right mouse button : Look around
Mouse wheel : Zoom In/Out
Left mouse button : Place a block
Hold Left mouse button : Draw roads or terrain
Right mouse button : Rotate a block
Mouse wheel : Raise/Lower block
Enter : Enter racing mode
F1 : Terraformation mode
F2 : Block mode
F3 : Skinning mode
F4 : Item mode
F5 : Macroblock mode
X : Eraser tool
U : Undo last modification
R : Redo last undone modification
Left Ctrl : Picker tool
C : Copy/Paste mode
O : Edit Offzone
P : Plugins mode
Building item mode
In normal mode, items use a grid to be placed.
Press F4 when you are already in the item mode to activate ghost mode. Items can now be placed anywhere on the map.
Be careful as some texture bugs can appear when combining blocks in the ghost mode.
Arrow keys : Rotate items in the Axe X or Y
+/- : Rotate items in the Axe Z
A maptype is a file that lists all the blocks that are required to be able to play the map in a specific gamemode. However, a gamemode can work with multiple maptypes if the creator of the gamemode has allowed it.
To change the maptype of a map, you just need to click on the name of the maptype in the editor and a window will open listing all the maptypes available on your folder
Documents\Maniaplanet\Scripts\MapTypes (and then
\Trackmania depending of the environment, create it if it doesn’t exists). The maptype can be forced if you create a map from a Title Pack.
CREATE AND VALIDATE A SIMPLE MAP#01
CREATE SOME OBSTACLES AND DIFFERENT CHECKPOINTS#02
COPY PASTE & MACROBLOCKS#04
ADD MOD (Environment) (.zip)
2 mods are included with ManiaPlanet : Default / Nice Day.
You can also use mods created by the community.
Place the .zip here :
Check ManiaPark to find other mods.
ADD PLUGINS (Script.txt)
ManiaPlanet has some plugins already, but you can also use plugins created by the community.
Place them here :
Press P to access the Plugin Mode and select the plugin you want to use.
Personally, I use CursorCoords which allows you to see the actual position of your cursor in the space.
4 Plugins are included with ManiaPlanet : AutoUnderground / BlockModelInCursor / CursorCoords / LatestBlocks.
Check the forums to find other plugins.
INTEGRATE ITEMS (Item.gbx) / PACKS (Pack.gbx)
Titlepacks can include some items, but you can also add items created by the community.
Place them here :
Make sure you unzip the files. You can also create a folder to keep things organised.
For the files pack.gbx, place them here :
Check the forums or ManiaPark to find other items/packs.
Some blocks can be painted.
For example, place a tree on the map and select the Skinning Mode.
You can now click on the tree and edit its style.
A minority of blocks can be altered.
You can experiment with lights, advertisements, podium, bunkers…
If you want to use your own skin, make sure you have a locator to make it visible for other players.
Also, players must have P2P active in the launcher for skins to work.
You can check the “Locator” part of the tutorial if you don’t know how they work.